What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is an education and a training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Traineeships can last up to six months and include;
- Work preparation training.
- English and Maths support (if required).
- A work experience placement of six weeks to five months with an employer.
In addition to these basic elements, the employer and KF Training can add flexible additional content to meet the needs of the employer and the local labour market.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship to my business?
Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace.
Traineeships are designed to help tackle this problem, while benefiting businesses in the following ways:
- You as an employer can design a high quality Traineeship within your company in partnership with the KF Training – one that suits both the needs of your business and the needs of the individual trainee.
- You can get ahead of the competition by bringing enthusiastic young people with their fresh ideas into your business before they get on to the job ladder.
- Traineeships will allow you to shape the skills and experience of young people from your local community, helping your business to develop a loyal and talented workforce.
- Working with trainees will give established staff members the chance to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching to young people.
- If you decide to offer a trainee an Apprenticeship, you could be eligible for an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of £1500.
What will my business need to provide?
Your company will need to provide a high quality work experience placement for the trainee, lasting anything from six weeks to a maximum of five months.
At the end of the Traineeship, you would be expected to provide the Trainee with:
- An interview for a position within your business if one is available.
- Or, a meaningful exit interview together with a reference to help them secure an Apprenticeship or other employment with another employer.
Is it a rigid training programme?
No, Traineeships are very flexible, and by working closely with KF Training you can design a programme which suits your needs and those of the trainee.
Are there any financial costs to offering Traineeships?
All training costs are met by Government funding. Employers are not required to pay young people taking part in Traineeships but are encouraged to support trainees with expenses such as transport.
Why Aspire Academy at KF Training?
Our unique support package services every need and we are well placed to support you in delivering your business objectives.
How do I get started with Traineeships?
For more information on eligibility, funding and the business benefits of Traineeships please contact our Aspire team on 0191 5186830 or email@example.com